Friday 11 February 2011

Paper clip swap Tutorial

Hello again, I have been a little poorly over the last couple of days, and although it's been on my mind to upload my swaps, I just couldn't face it! Anyway, enough of me...here is how I made the paper clip swaps for Peterborough's training day. I had to make 50 of them so good job the paper clips were cheap (off ebay) and very quick to make.



These are all 50, here is a close up of one. 


The colours I used were Melon Mamba, Old Olive and Marina Mist. I used this in ink, card and DSP. 
First, using the i (heart) hearts, friend stamp, stamp on whisper white card. Then punch it, using the extra large heart.



Then place on the Design Series Paper (DSP) and cut round leaving about a 3mm border.




No easy way of doing this, just sharp scissors and a steady hand!

Then to attach the two hearts, use the glue dots and put one on each side, because I was doing so many, I actually cut the glue dots in half. Then add the dimensionals to each side, as in picture.




Stick to larger DSP heart and if you wanted to put a background to it, just stamp the same coloured paper using the same colour ink, as you will find all Stampin' Up! products, such as card, ink, ribbon, DSP to name just a few on the list come in the same colour combination. In this case, Melon Mamba, Marina Mist and Old Olive. 


The background size was 7.5cm wide and 10cm high. I stamped the background paper using the three hearts in love you much. Then to have slips to put the paper clip through, I just used a Stanley knife over my score board like so.


Slip the paper clip in gently, and there you have a tailored made paper clip for all your stationary needs!


I would also like to add a short slide show with some photos of the day and I must say a huge THANK YOU to my SU Mom, Caroline, for driving and all the other fantastic people who swapped with me, they are all truly unique! 



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow customized with Smilebox

For more chip board techniques see Caroline  
For more wonderful ideas, see Anne
And for moving card ideas see Becki 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, I just want to thank you for the lovely paperclip you made for Peterborough, which I have thought is ideal for a bookmark. I have put a picture of it on my blog which should show up tomorrow. There is a link back to your blog too.
    Hope you are well

    thank you

    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete